Life Sciences and Health Technologies
Areas of study :
The principal strength of Expansion Strategies lies in its experiences acquired in a large number of sectors in which one sector helps another.
- Active Ingredients and biologicals
- New Therapeutic Approaches
- Diagnostics (equipment, kits, services)
- Veterinary Products and Technologies
- Medical Technologies
- Therapeutic Agents
- Health Information Technology
- Natural Health Products
- Functional Foods
- Medicinal Plants
- Health Centers
- Essential Oils
Some examples of mandates :
This study focused on the opportunities for the development of that emerging industry in Quebec. Four objectives were addressed:
- To describe the marine biotechnology and biomass valorization ecosystem in Quebec and its perspectives.
- To identify the specificities of the sector at the international level with an emphasis on Norway, Iceland, Portugal and Maine (USA).
- To define the trends that could guide the development of the sector in Quebec.
- To recommend proposed actions to foster the development of a new cluster in marine biotechnology and biomass valorization.
This action permits the industrial cluster to know better the potentials of the sectors and to identify opportunities of development in attracting investors.
The mandate was to develop an approach, recruit and prepare a team of 13 organizations (Research Centers, companies and cooperatives) to attend In-Cosmetics Trade Show, Paris, 2013. The approach included a data bank on Quebec natural extracts as part of the Cosmetopée concept proposed by the Cosmetic Valley in France. A special booth was reserved for the delegation and a brochure to promote partnership potential for product development was designed.
Results : The participants made 73 pertinent contacts, 57 business opportunities identified and potential sales of $2.65 million.
Prospect major international buyers of essential oils in order to evaluate their potential interest and to identify the entry conditions to do business with them.
Results : Half a dozen buyers have indicated their interest and gave trial orders indications. These results permitted the venture to get the necessary start-up funding to begin a small-scale commercial production of these oils in the Spring of 2014.