The principal strength of Expansion Strategies lies in its experiences acquired in a large number of sectors in which one sector helps another.
Areas of Study :
- Agricultural products
- Processed products
- Organic foods, products with regional trademark
- Additives, flavours and colorants
- Functional Ingredients
- Animal feed
- Research Services
- Craft products
- Short distribution channels
Market Study for a New Processing Plant of Potatoes and Vegetables in Quebec, 2020 :
- The municipality of Saint-Amable is considering the setting up of a new processing plant to support the development of the local potatoes growers, a major crop in the municipality.
- The market study focused on product innovation in international markets and new products trends.
Market study of a new Seaweed Processing Plant in Nunavik, 2019 :
- The objective is to describe the markets for the main types of seaweed found in the area, their end use, and type of processing and current market price.
- Identification of potential clients.
Development of an Industrial Hemp Strategy for the Province of New Brunswick, 2019 :
- The objective of this mandate was to define development opportunities for the New Brunswick sector by considering its assets, the companies already active, the partnership possibilities and the synergies that will allow a unique positioning on the international market.
Some examples of mandates :
Marketing Plan to Introduce a New Line of European Desserts with Health Claims on The Canadian Market
Expansion Strategies Inc. was engaged to define and establish the viability of a new center dedicated to the development of a cluster in artisan cheese in Eastern Ontario and develop the Business Plan.
A consortium led by St-Lawrence College and 3 other colleges hired Expansion Strategies to examine the situation of the Artisanal Cheese Production and Distribution in Eastern Ontario with three distinct objectives:
- To assess the market awareness and demand for artisanal cheese in Eastern Ontario.
- To determine the Eastern Ontario artisanal cheese producers’ learning needs to satisfy those demands.
- To determine the ideal college sector applied research and knowledge-delivery in response to those needs.
The report covers:
- How the Retail industry perceives and handles artisanal cheese
- The general opinion of the public on artisanal cheese and what importance cheese plays in their everyday diet
- How the Producer Sector operates and what its needs are both along technical and management lines;
- What role the four colleges could play to support the development of the Producer Sector;
- The financial and economic benefits of this project.
Source : http://www.fabregion.ca/how-to-start-an-artisan-cheese-business-in-eastern-ontario/
The shrimp aquaculture industry in Belize is the only country in the world where all the production is certified « Aquaculture Stewardship Council » (ASC). This certification has been developed by WWF to promote sustainable and socially acceptable development. The mandate was to create a brand and an implementation strategy to position the shrimps from Belize in the main international markets.
Mandate completed for the Lobster Council of Canada to assist the lobster processing industry in their search for mechanization of the meat extraction operations.
Feasibility Study to introduce a Line of Hemp Products and a Line Of Gluten-Free Flours in Canada and in The United States
Today, these export consortia represent over 50 cooperatives employing 2500 women. In 2010, they obtained the certification of Protected Geographical Indication.
In this project, the incubator was to be combined with an independent project for a slaughterhouse for poultry and the consultant had to evaluate the possibility to share some of the facilities and services.
The main tasks included:
- An analysis of plans prepared for the slaughterhouse and its services.
- Definition of the modifications required to adapt the slaughterhouse plan to incorporate an incubator in the combined project.
- Evaluation of the existing facilities: pilot plants, services, available space, etc.
- Designing the building to house the companies and layout of the interior set-up for the main categories of food processing ( meat processing, fruit and vegetables, and bakery products)
- Estimation of the investment, operating costs, and revenues as well as make a financial analysis.
- Establishment of a rate card for services
- Prepare a Business Plan to implement the project.